Adecco are recruiting for a Senior Product Designer on behalf of our market leading engineering and technology services client!
The Senior Design Engineer will provide subject matter expertise and direction of signalling
design activities to achieve the maximum output in producing outline and detailed signalling
design from the resource available. The SDE will have experience of signalling design and be
considered competent in design management, design assurance or complex technical design.
What are my responsibilities?
· The Senior Design Engineer will usually undertake a role as a Design Manager,
· capable of producing, checking or specifying complex signaling design.
· Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling design
work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is
· Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and
budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements
are met and effect remedial action when required.
· Provide support and input to Project Managers, Project Engineers and the Engineering
Manager on allocated projects.
· Assist with forecasting the overall design resources and key skills necessary for allocated
projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided.
· Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to
obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
· Direct such training as may be required including the briefing in of new technical
instructions, procedures, handbooks and Signalling Principles.
· Focus on signalling design team development through support in the completion of
annual performance appraisals, career reviews and development plans.
· Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety
legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
· Act in the role of Responsible Engineer as directed.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Essential Verifier licences.
· Established professional status within the signalling industry, with experience of engineering implementation on signalling schemes in the UK or overseas.
· Safety culture aware to be able to influence and develop an existing safety culture to latest generation thinking and practice, for both technical and operational safety. Supportive of a consistent company-wide approach to continuous improvement.
· Strong leadership qualities including personal drive, persuasive communication skills, enthusiasm and support for company goals.
· A broad base of engineering skills, experiences, knowledge and competencies covering the full engineering lifecycle, together with the requisite personal characteristics to take responsibility for facilitating cross disciplinary engineering activity in complex, innovative and commercially challenging environments.
· Previous experience in systems engineering, project engineering and design of safety critical or safety related real-time systems, test and installation environments.
· Strong and effective communicator at all levels within the business and in front of new and existing customers both internal and external.
· Demonstrates an ability to work in an environment where calculated risk taking is necessary. Must be willing to fill gaps in own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning and seeking information from within and outside the company.
· Desirable Chartered Engineer status.
· Commercially aware be able to forecast and manage resource utilisation and costs. To have passed four modules in the IRSE Professional Examinations A1 Assessor Qualification Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Posted 1 month ago