Human Resource Specialist
The Army is more than just combat; it’s a place to do something that really matters. As part of the Adjutant Generals Corps an Army HR job is like no other HR job. As a HR Specialist, you could be attached to any unit and go with them wherever they go. Although you’ll be a soldier, you’ll be fully trained in HR. You’ll have responsibility from day one and the chance to move up into senior roles – Chartered Accountant, for example. You can get qualifications and develop your skills too. They’re recognised outside the Army so they’re great for your CV. With worldwide travel, adventure training and the chance to make friends for life, it’s exciting as well as rewarding.
Find where you belong.
You'll start with your initial military training which will teach you how to be a soldier - this will cover everything from fieldcraft to how to handle a rifle.
You then get 15 weeks’ specialist training at Worthy Down, Winchester to learn about military personnel and financial administration. You’re trained to use our information systems and will also get your Category B Driving licence (car). Later in your career, you can take recognised qualifications in Business Management and HR. These include apprenticeships and degrees.
The Army can help you gain a range of qualifications. These could include:
- Level 2 Certificate for Military Personnel Administrators.
- Level 3 Diploma for Military Personnel Administrators.
- Business Administration Apprenticeship – Level 2 or 3 including Functional Skills in Maths, English and IT.
- Training is accredited by the Defence Awarding Organisation, Institute of Leadership and Management and Chartered Management Institute, ranging from Levels 4 to 7.
- Personal development opportunity to undertake a foundation degree in HR Practice.
- Opportunity to apply for accountancy training after qualifying period and selection.
- Cat B Driving Licence.
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be with you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. From the moment you begin your training you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you'll soon get promoted, which means more responsibility and extra pay.
Become a HR Specialist and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £15,985 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,400 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS.
You should be:
- Regular Army age: 16.6 – 35.6 years
- Army Reserve age: 17.9 – 49.6 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
GCSE Grade A–D/9-3 in at least English Language and Maths. We’ll also consider vocational qualifications such as an NVQ in Business Administration.
- Mid Thigh Pull 46kg
- Medicine Ball Throw 2.9m
- 2km run 11m 15s (11m30s for Junior Entry)
Interests you’ll have:
- Decision making & responsibility
- Outdoor activities
- Working outside
Our next deadline for application is 30th June 2021, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG.